BACHELOR OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
An undergraduate Degree programme in Management studies was one of the first Self-financing Courses introduced by the University of Mumbai by the turn of 21st century. The BMS Degree Programme was well received by the industry due to its practical application. B.M.S. Course spread over a period of 3 years was introduced in Don Bosco College in 2012-13 and has very soon gained popularity with the demand ratio exceeding 10 times. The BMS curriculum has been specially designed keeping in mind the requirements of industry and in order to equip students with the skills of business leadership, from II Year, the student can select any one specialisation field out of three subject’s specialisation viz., Marketing, Finance & HR offered by the college.
- The course will help the students to obtain the knowledge and skills needed to assume management positions in different organizations and helps students to understand how organizations work and managed.
- The degree aims to develop undergraduate students to be leaders and managers capable of taking on the challenges and rigors of the global marketplace.
- There will be better job opportunities after passing this course.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOME:
- To provide students with good breadth of knowledge in mathematical, scientific, computing and basic management fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyse and solve problems and/or also to pursue advanced study or research.
- To educate students with proficiency in core areas of Management Education so as to comprehend trade-offs in decision making process; to analyse, design, and synthesize data and technical concepts to create solutions for the real-life problems.
- To instil in students a sense of high professionalism, to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects and diverse professional environments, needed for a successful professional career and relate management issues to the society, global economy and to emerging technologies
- To provide our students with a learning environment consciousness of the life-long learning process, to develop effective oral and written communication skills and to introduce them to written ethical codes and guidelines, show leadership, entrepreneurship, and exhibit good citizenship.