The three-year degree course in Hospitality studies offered at Don Bosco College is an effervescent course in modern discipline giving great practical exposure to emerging trend in the hospitality industry. The extraordinary educational processes followed in the college beyond academics have resulted majorly in the student’s lives and that is clearly reflected in their achievements. Some of the major achievements of the ISO certified department are:
- Excellent output with 100% results at the University level examinations
- A 100 % track record at placements
- A certified examination for Trinity College London GESE examinations and placements at the OCLD level
- Don Bosco College – Hospitality Studies is the only college to host an alfresco formal dinner (Spectrum) for around 1000 people a joint effort by the students of all three years.
We are proud to say that the placement cell of the Department has a track record of arranging internship during the second year and 100 percent placement for all our students immediately after graduation every year. Located in the centre of Mumbai having connect to both western as well as central suburban Mumbai and the close proximity to the BKC business hub which is a home to various five star luxury brands as well as close proximity to the international airport, the institute sits right in the demographics to serve its students along with Self Help Groups.
Programme Objectives & Outcome
A graduate of Hospitality Studies will emerge on completion of the course fully prepared for the Future Professional World. The graduate is nurtured and groomed as a full-fledged hospitality professional who is value driven, with a great work ethos, a sense of discipline and focus, committed and goal oriented yet completely grounded personality. There are excellent job opportunities after passing this course.
The outcome of a B.Sc. degree in Hospitality Studies is :
- The course will help the students to obtain the knowledge and skills needed to emerge as a full-fledged hospitality professional in different organizations and helps students to understand how organizations work and managed.
- The course improves their general knowledge, core subject knowledge, practical skills, guest services, and communication skills and builds their confidence.
- The course imparts on field industrial training and compulsory internship along with hands on practical during the course to instil industry readiness.
- The degree instils in students a sense of high professionalism giving exposure to undergraduate students to every aspect of hospitality industry (e.g. food production, food safety, nutrition, housekeeping, rooms management, Front office, Food and Beverages service)
- It builds up their soft skills (communication skills, knowledge of Information Technology) needed to undertake self-employment in a service industry.
- The students become capable of taking on the challenges and rigors of the global marketplace.